Monday, September 28, 2015

2-1

Today I tried writing my screenplay. It's not really any good, but I think it carries some kind of atmosphere. Now, this is mostly just self-insert written as a practice. It's about myself fighting this weird monster thing. It kind of looks like a cross between Sableye, you know, this thing

and Slenderman, not sure how to describe it. I thought it was kind of cool, to mix Surgist and Contemporary versions of Slenderman with my own spin.

Anyway, the screenplay starts off with me in a store. It's 1985 and all the sudden time stops, Slenderman comes out of nowhere and comes close to me but doesn't try to eat me or kill me because eh...

I am still working on a reason for that, but she realizes she's in the year 2015 and runs away to a safeplace.

That's all I have so far and I'm not sure what to do from there.
I did have this idea though that perhaps I'd have her explore the world in 2015 and get distracted by idk, the latest iphone or something and wouldn't you know it Slendy comes back and eats her trapping her in the path of black leaves which turns out is in Slendy's stomache.

Except this one doesn't look like the typical path of black leaves, it looks more like, hang on I found this perfect pic for this place.


It looks like this, because why not throw in a Wizard of Oz reference, because Alice in Wonderland is way overdone in this type of thing, especially movies. I don't think Oz has been fleshed out enough in film.

She follows the road and cries and bitches about her life and how slenderman is terrible, but then she meets a small black goo creature who tells her about her true purpose and suddenly she doesn't feel so bad, with the goo creature on her side she ventures deeper into the forest.

I mean, it's a start and I'm not expecting it to be the next Vertigo or anything, but I think it's an alright script for a practice run.

But that's not to say I don't look forward to the day when the name Jody McCarty becomes something people look forward to seeing in the credits of movies.

I've been trying to figure out a twist to my practice script thingy. The ending is always the important part of a script and a good twist goes a long way and should be built into the play beforehand.

My sister Grace pitched to me that perhaps it should turn out that she was just a patient in a mental ward.

Now, I know that's kind of overused, but I think it can be done if I do it skillfully, a part of me really wants to go that route.

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment